The process of converting electronic holdings (demat shares) back into Physical Certificates is called Rematerialisation.
If one wishes to get back his securities in the physical form one has to fill in the RRF (Remat Request Form) and request his DP for rematerialisation of the balances in his securities account. The process of rematerialisation is outlined below:
- One makes a request for rematerialisation.
- Depository participant intimates depository of the request through the system.
- Depository confirms rematerialisation request to the registrar.
- Registrar updates accounts and prints certificates.
- Depository updates accounts and downloads details to depository participant.
- Registrar dispatches certificates to investor.