Delivery Instruction Slip
To give the delivery one has to fill a form called Delivery Instruction Slip (DIS). DIS may be compared to cheque book of a bank account. The following precautions are to be taken in respect of DIS:-
- Ensure and insist with DP to issue DIS book.
- Ensure that DIS numbers are pre-printed and DP takes acknowledgment for the DIS booklet issued to investor.
- Ensure that your account number [client id] is pre-stamped.
- If the account is a joint account, all the joint holders have to sign the instruction slips. Instruction cannot be executed if all joint holders have not signed.
- Avoid using loose slips
- Do not leave signed blank DIS with anyone viz., broker/sub-broker.
- Keep the DIS book under lock and key when not in use.
- If only one entry is made in the DIS book, strike out remaining space to prevent misuse by any one.
- Investor should personally fill in target account -id and all details in the DIS.